The Hyundai Ioniq is one of the most fuel-efficient cars in America. No, scratch that, it’s one of the most fuel-efficient cars in the entire world. Best of all, it comes in three different varieties. Here, check it out:
- Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid: “Battery power helps you go farther on a gallon.” When they say this, they’re talking about up to 58 MPG combined1. That’s a lot of trips on a little gallon.
- Hyundai Ioniq Electric: “Charge from home or work. Never stop for gas.” As of right now, this version is only available to residents of California. It gives you a 124-mile range, which is far2.
- Hyundai Ioniq Plug-In Hybrid: “Electric when you want it. Gas when you need it.” Expect this state-of-the-art model as early as fall 2017. Get ready—it’s coming to you soon.
Now that you have a sense of just how fuel-efficient each of the available Hyundai Ioniq models are, it’s time to talk about what makes that possible. Here are the fuel-efficient features of the Hyundai Ioniq.
Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid
The secret ingredient to the 2017 Ioniq Hybrid is its unique hybrid gas-electric powertrain. Its gasoline component is a 1.6L GDI DOHC 16-valve inline four-cylinder engine that delivers up to 104 horsepower at 5,700 RPM and up to 109 lb-ft of torque at 4,000 RPM; its electric component is an interior-permanent magnet synchronous motor with a power output of 32 kWatts and a torque output of 125 lb-ft.
These two powerplants come together to create a combined system output of 139 horsepower. And let’s not discount its six-speed EcoShift® dual clutch transmission with SHIFTRONIC®, either.
Hyundai Ioniq Electric
Even the production and assembly process behind the 2017 Hyundai Ioniq Electric was efficient. It’s built with bio-fabrics and recycled plastics, which you’ll find throughout the headliner, the carpeting, the door trim, and more. Hyundai’s concern for the planet is evident on every step along the way, from beginning to end.
The major efficiency feature that you can look forward to is its cutting-edge SAE combination port with DC fast-charging capabilities. This thing truly doesn’t need a single drop of gas to cruise through the city.
Hyundai Ioniq Plug-In Hybrid
Last, but certainly not least, you’ve got the Hyundai Ioniq Plug-In Hybrid. Its innovative Blue Drive® tech means lower pollution and better performance. Here are certain components that comprise Blue Drive®.
- Starter generator for stop-start
- Redesigned braking system
- 1.4kWh lithium polymer battery pack
- Hybrid power control unit
- Electric air conditioning compressor
- Low-weight design
- Low drag coefficient
Would you like to test drive the Hyundai Ioniq?
If you would, we can make that happen. Here at the Norm Reeves Hyundai Superstore Cerritos, we’re all about the Hyundai Ioniq. You can call us, chat with us online, or stop by in person to schedule your test drive.
We’re excited to help you get behind the wheel. Just don’t bring too much money for gasoline!
12017 Ioniq Hybrid Blue: 57 City/59 Hwy/58 Combined. 2017 Ioniq Hybrid SEL/Ioniq Hybrid Limited: 55 City/54 Hwy/55 Combined. EPA estimates. For comparison only. Your actual mileage may vary with options, driving conditions, driving habits and vehicle's condition.
22017 Ioniq Hybrid Blue: 57 City/59 Hwy/58 Combined. 2017 Ioniq Hybrid SEL/Ioniq Hybrid Limited: 55 City/54 Hwy/55 Combined. EPA estimates. For comparison only. Your actual mileage may vary with options, driving conditions, driving habits and vehicle's condition.